The musically themed ms Zaandam offers its 1,440 guests a unique shipboard atmosphere. Inspired by the world's great music, artifacts and memorabilia from across the pantheon of musical genres decorate the ship, such as guitars signed by the Rolling Stones and other relics of legendary musicians. At the heart of the ms Zaandam, in a soaring three-story atrium, guests revel at a Baroque-style Dutch pipe organ, inspired by the traditional barrel organs still found on the streets of The Netherlands.
The ms Zaandam features spacious public rooms as well as spacious and tastefully decorated staterooms (197 of which have private verandahs). To further enhance your onboard experience, the ms Zaandam offers a wealth of cruise ship activities and indulgences to make your voyage truly memorable, such as dining in the Pinnacle Grill, relaxing in the Greenhouse Spa and Salon and enjoying some of the best cruise entertainment on the seven seas. Our gracious, attentive and unobtrusive staff is always ready to meet your requests. The ms Zaandam completed all Signature of Excellence enhancements to her public rooms and staterooms in Spring 2005.
Signature features include:
- The two-tier Rotterdam Dining Room features impeccable service and an extensive wine list, and offers five-course menus, from continental cuisine to vegetarian and low-carb options
- The intimate reservations-only Pinnacle Grill offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience and features premium hand-selected cuts of Sterling Silver beef, inspired seafood dishes and many select wines rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator - as well as distinctive Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens
- The Lido Restaurant offers a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and features a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties
- The Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine magazine, is the setting for gourmet cooking demonstrations and interactive classes
- Explorations Cafe, powered by The New York Times, features the largest library at sea, as well as comfortable music listening stations and Internet access
- The Greenhouse Spa & Salon features thermal suites, a hydrotherapy and thalassotherapy pool, heated ceramic lounges and more
- The Mondriaan Show Lounge features Las Vegas-style productions, talented vocalists, illusionists, comedians and variety acts
- The Crow's Nest, where sweeping views make this observation lounge a top choice for relaxing during the day, and in the evening transforms into a hip, fashionable nightclub features top-notch DJs and live bands
- Club HAL, dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 to 12
- The Loft and The Oasis, designed exclusively for teens to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age