Norwegian Sun was built in Germany in 2001 and is a modified sister ship of Norwegian Cruise Line's highly successful Norwegian Sky. The first ship purpose-built for NCL's "Freestyle Cruising" concept, Norwegian Sun offers an abundance of restaurants and modern facilities.
* Four Seasons Dining Room: In addition to the regular menu, this stunning restaurant features distinguished dishes created by Henry Haller, former White House Executive Chef under five presidents. The ever-changing menu includes several of these exclusive President's Menu selections every night.
* Le Bistro Dining Room: an intimate restaurant offering light Italian and Continental fare, open seating and flexible dinner hours.
* Il Adagio Restaurant: Deliciously prepared contemporary Italian fare with floor-to-ceiling windows revealing dramatic, ever changing views.
* Ginza Japanese Restaurant: This elegant Japanese restaurant complex; featuring a sushi bar, teppanyaki room and sushi / sashimi sit-down section. Servers dressed in elaborate Asian garb are happy to help you select from such specialty items as Nigiri, Thin Rolls, or tempting steak and seafood combos.
* East Meets West Dining Room: Where the exotic meets the familiar and everyone meets for high-end Pacific Rim / Asian Fusion food and fun. A "Pick Your Own " lobster tank is indicative of the fresh ingredients to be found in each and every inventive dish - from the Macadameia Nut Crusted Monkfish to the Sanso Peppered Veal T-bone Marinated in Sake. Many claim the Tempura Chocolate Cake with Caramel Fudge Sauce is nothing short of "nirvana ".
* Garden CafE: This charming, buffet-style caf serves up delectable dishes around the clock. The Garden Caf also offers such regional fare as paella, jambalaya, and bouillabaisse. Or, for those who desire " a little this, a little that, " the fresh fruit, cheese, pasta salad, and meat and poultry carving stations which change throughout the day are sure to fill your every desire.
* Pacific Heights Healthy Dining Complex: A "Healthy Living " restaurant featuring innovative spa menus, a gourmet pizza bar and Cooking Light dishes as well as delicious low-calorie desserts.
* Seven Seas Dining Room: Lavishly decorated to complement the award-winning cuisine of our outstanding chefs, members of the world-famous gourmet society Chane des Rtisseurs.
* Sports bar and grill
* Tapas Bar & Restaurant: This exotic restaurant features a rich selection of hot & cold tapas from around the world.
* 24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Caf
* Havana Cigar Club: Not for men only! Relax in Old World ambiance with rich, tufted leather seats, hand-rolled cigars and fine liquors.
* Observatory Lounge: Where the sky meets the sea. Floor - to-ceiling windows open your view. You can almost feel the spray. Doubles as a conference room by day or disco by night.
* Stardust Lounge: Stunning two-story main show lounge with proscenium stage headlining the best entertainment at sea. Excellent large-group meeting facility by day.
* Checker's Cabaret
* The Zone
* Windjammer Bar
* Monte Carlo Casino: Let it ride! No way you're going to come out of the Monte Carlo Casino without some more money in your pocket---or at least having had a good time. Slots, Blackjack, Poker, Roulette, Craps--you want it, the casino's got it.
* Dazzles Nightclub: Another example of the Sun's affection for superlatives. Glittering lounge features the longest bar at sea. Perfect setting for your evening gala.
* Body Waves Spa & Salon: This Balinese Spa has created unique and exotic spa treatments that reflect the beauty, spirit and traditions of rejuvenation from around the world. Our international staff will present an array of traditional and exotic spa and salon treatments.
* Galleria Shops: From the affordable to the fabulous, the gift shops aboard offer a wide variety of fine jewelry, souvenirs, sundries and clothing.
* East Indies Conference Center: Choice of three spacious conference rooms, each with exceptional multimedia capabilities, ultra-modern audio-visual equipment and from 24 - 42 seats each. May be combined into one large room.
* Kid's Korner: NCL supervised children's program is designed for children 2-12 with a variety of activities that are energetic, educational and above all, fun. Highly qualified youth counselors are assigned to each age group.
* Two swimming pools
* Five Hot tubs and sauna
* Fitness center and track
* Gross Tonnage: 77,104
* Length: 853 feet
* Cruise Speed: 23 knots
* Guest Capacity: 2,002
* Crew: 800